"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure what you do not understand." - Leonardo daVinci

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ho Hum

I've gained a few pounds. Figures. Oh well, as long as I only have one chin and I don't look down and exclaim in absolute horror "dear god.. where are my feet?!" I'm not really going to seriously complain.

Went digging in an box in the study today, found a few things. Found some of my old jewelry, ofcourse I kept most of it, put it back into my jewelry box. Found some CDs that I'm now currently putting into my iTunes, Frou Frou, Nat King Cole, Harry Connick Jr., and Bach.

I keep on finding random black marks on my skin, no idea where I keep on getting them from.

"The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole has got to be the sole song that conjures up so many memories. Christmas was always the best time of year, but then death kept on interrupting it and it wasn't the same. The tree got smaller and smaller. We moved from a small apartment to a house. Schedules got busy, no more Nat King Cole being played from the stereo, no more watching old Christmas movies, the animated ones. No more Charlie Brown. It was always nice, now it's less of a fantasy. But every time I hear this song, I get blasted with a hundred memories, a hundred scents, a hundred sounds all at once. I was such a different person. I know everyone changes, but you shouldn't change as much as I have, you should be able to keep some things. But it's always nice to reflect on the past memories, and for some reason it's all centered around Christmas for me. Also, "Caroling, Caroling" by Nat King Cole, I remember that song was almost played as much as "The Christmas Song". And this pop up book of the song...I forgot what it's called, but the book would play the song, I found the book last month but it died =( nomore sound.



When my cousin was shaken when he was 7 months old, two years ago, I always knew what happened. The boyfriend shaked him and kicked him against the wall, I knew he had brain damage and had to be hospitalized, I knew the boyfriend went to jail, but I never knew my cousin went blind because of it and also has cerebral palsy now because of it, never knew the long term effects it had on him..obviously, two years later. To be born that way is one thing, but to have your life made so much harder just because a guy couldn't handle your crying, is frustrating for him and the mother. It's sad, but in the recent photos I see of him, he looks happy atleast. =)

No comments: