"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure what you do not understand." - Leonardo daVinci

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tightlacing - Break In (Week One)


So all thanks to my mother for buying me the corset I wanted =) I now am starting to tightlace (waist train). Just like you're suppossed to, it's 4 inches smaller than my natural waist but as I'm breaking it in for the first day, it's only laced in about 1.5 or 2 inches, so my waist is 30" right now. I've heard from plenty of women starting to wear corsets who tightened it as tight as they could the very first second they got it, BAD IDEA! That's not only bad for you but that will also damage the corset, you might as well go to the bank, take out $200 or $300 and just throw it in a puddle then walk away.

When you first buy a corset, and put it on it will look funny, if you expect to look like the models on the magazine or on the site where you bought the corset from, you're in for a rude surprise. You will be tempted to just lace the top and bottom laces tighter than the middle to fill in the gaps, but don't do that, that will throw your corset off.

I have a simple black 28" double boned corset from AbsoluteCorsets.com. When I put it on I was just in a shirt and underwear so once I had it on I tried to put shorts on, that was slightly difficult lol duh, but I didn't bend that much so my corset was not harmed in the process. Currently I've had it on for about an hour, I'm going to leave it on for about 1 or 2 more hours then take it off for today.

There's no rule for breaking in a corset, how long and how often depends on your body and the corset. The standard is about 2-3 weeks, wearing it for a few hours a day, but that's just if you're NOT waist training. I am however, so for the first 3-4 days I'm going to only wear it for a few hours a day, then for the next week I'm going to wear it for longer, probably about 8-10 hours a day. So by the end of the break in process, I will be able to wear the corset 17-24 hours a day.

I read a horror story about this girl who bought a corset and tightened super tight once she got it and continued to do so but she became mad at the corset and those who invented the idea, because she was light headed, had constant headaches, and couldn't breath and she couldn't really sit or lay down as she wanted to. WELL THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO IT WRONG. My story on the other hand is much better, I can sit down, I don't have any headaches or backaches, my breathing is 90% normal, anytime something is compressing your stomach your breathing will not be the same, but I don't feel lighthead or like I'm going to die anytime soon.

No comments: