"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure what you do not understand." - Leonardo daVinci

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Turn Those Tears Inside Out

I can't stress enough how important it is to smile and see the bigger picture, to laugh when you get rejected, to turn the other way when somebody tells you that you're not shit. A boy you think is perfect, your soulmate, looks at you and walks away never to run into you again, or to be in a committed relationship while you're single. You can't mope and cry about how you let the perfect one slip away. You can't center your life around anybody else but yourself. Didn't you always hear about how you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket? You have to be able to smile and laugh about The One getting away. Odd word of advice? Because you let yourself center your happiness around the idea of finding that one person that completes you, you find my advice strange. I've learned that you have to be able to shrug away rejection or not even being able to get close enough to touch the person you think is perfect for you... you love the same things, you have the same sense of humor, he/she is gorgeous, and yet doesn't care about you or doesn't know you exist... Painful? Not really. Not anymore for me anyways, because I learned to center myself around.... me. The love of your life got away? So what, you still have your soul, your spirit, the mountains are still there, the friends that you get crazy with, get drunk with, gossip with, have stimulating conversations with, are all still there. You have to see the BIGGER PICTURE. All my life I've had people that were my seniors tell me that I will never amount to anything, the most I'll ever be able to do is to get an AA at a community college, that I have no talent. I've had to teach myself how to let insults wash over me, how to put everything into context, how to be objective and SEE. If I believed that person who told me I'll never amount to anything, I probably wouldn't have.

Learn to smile more.

Learn to shrug away materialistic pain.

Learn to absorb negativity and turn it into something beautiful.

If Michaelangelo focused on one single detail, the Ceiling would have never been finished.

No comments: