"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure what you do not understand." - Leonardo daVinci

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Idea - PING!

I know there are a million anthologies out there, but I'm not really the romantic but I've had this idea of making a collection of love letters, it's part romance but also part getting a chance to peek into someone's life, you know you read about people but there's so much distance between us, reading something written in their hand, that contains information so intimate, that person starts to change from being a historical figure to an actual person (and I'm talking about love letters from famous dead people, gracefully put I might add) just like the 17 letters written to Anne Boleyn from King Henry VIII, but I would love to go to the Vatican and see them for myself, I wonder if all the letters are on display and if you can copy them. I see copies online, so they leaked from somewhere. And it would be beautifully bound with gold tipped pages and intricate designs and little intros on the relationships themselves, I could also add love letters from modern people that allow it. Just an idea I would love to start.

No comments: