"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure what you do not understand." - Leonardo daVinci

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Surf City Hookah Lounge

19092 Beach Blvd
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
(714) 963-0507
surfcityhookahlounge.com
Weekdays: 7:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Weekends: 7:00 PM - 3:00 AM

My home away from home Appus Hookah Lounge closed down =( So I went on a mission to find another one. I tried this one on Bixby Rd but it's closed for construction and I went to Exhale, but it's set outside (dress warm!) so I ventured outside of Long Beach, and stumbled upon Surf City in HB. There's enough couches and chairs (more than Appus), if you want a hookah experience fit for royalty, go to Hollywood to pay $19.99 per hookah, but if you don't mind a few holes in the couch you're sitting on, then this is your spot. I haven't seen any myself, but they do have bellydancers (but I think that's before 10pm, because I've only been there after 10pm). They have over 60 flavors, I've had the Peach and the Passion Kiss (I think it's called that), I liked them both but preferred Passion Kiss which is an exotic flavor so it's about $2 more. The price range is your usual price range, $10-$16. But why go alone?! So fraction that price, and there you go. There is always music and a few tv screens with music videos playing, you have to be 18+ to get in. The staff is laidback and professional, if it's busy don't expect to get your coals pronto but you get your money's worth. This is my new hookah spot (hoorah! finally).


If this is your first hookah, don't inhale too much, you might get a headache or you might start coughing (cuz it is smoke lol), bring water in your bag. My friend went to smoke hookah with me and she hasn't had any in a long time so she couldn't stop coughing, her deal was she was anticipating all that smoke to make her cough, but if she just opened her throat and not thought about it, she would have been fine. Cuz I didn't smoke hookah for almost a year and I was fine and this lounge is next to a lot of food places and is about 5-8 minutes from the 405.

I also read sometimes it's a nightclub so check out the myspace page, cuz usually the nightclub info are on myspace pages of businesses. myspace.com/surfcityhookah

No comments: